In the main, novel writing programs either give you only part of what you need to know to write a good novel, or they cost hundreds of dollars or more.
Author Andrea Rains Waggener saw this lacuna in the novel writing information arena and decided to put her expertise to use. She wrote a set of e-books that clearly lays out a complete, step-by-step plan for planning and writing a novel.
The Novel Writing Made Easy-How To Plan A Novel That Practically Writes Itself writing system is not just one, but two e-books. One e-book is a 184-page information packed instruction manual for planning and starting your novel. The other e-book is 97-page taskbook that walks you through the actions you must take to put into practice what you learned from the manual. The Novel Writing Made Easy System is an organized, easy-to-follow system that can teach anyone to turn an idea into a completed novel.
Written in an easy-to-follow, conversational style, the Novel Writing Made Easy-How To Plan A Novel That Practically Writes Itself writing system is a quick read...and a fun read to boot.
Andrea, whose first novel was picked up by one of the biggest publishers in the world, Bantam Dell, frankly admits that it took her awhile to develop a novel writing system that works. She’s indeed sharing her system, she says, because she doesn’t want other nascent novelists to struggle as she did.
If you want to get a look at the kind of information Andrea has to offer, sign up to receive her two free reports, The 18 Most Common Writing Mistakes And How To Avoid Them and A Dozen Fiction Writing Mistakes And How To Sweep Them Out Of Your Story and get her Weekly Writing Tips-Ideas And Exercises To Help You Be A Better Writer. They’re worth giving up your e-mail address for.
The Novel Writing Made Easy-How To Plan A Novel That Practically Writes Itself writing system covers these aspects of putting together a novel:
- Brainstorming every twist and turn of your story’s action
- Developing a compelling plot
- Creating powerful subplots that will make your novel rich and engaging
- Developing the back story that will make your characters every bit as real as you or me
- Creating complete main character sketches and a minor character sketches that will bring your characters to such vivid life that you AND your reader will feel like they’re real people
- Creating a compelling overall novel setting that will make your novel stand out heads and shoulders above your competition
- Determining what research you need to do, and how to do just the right amount (not too much or too little)
- Designing the scenes of your novel in a way that will assure that your novel’s pacing will be just right
- Writing in a way that evokes all the senses so your reader will be drawn into your novel’s world
- Choosing the best words to conjure the image you want to create so that your writing is polished and professional
- Creating a perfect balance of details, enough but not too much, so that your reader always has a clear picture of your scenes but is never bored
- Writing a editor- or agent-grabbing query letter for your novel
- Writing a 15- to 25-page synopsis of your novel that will tease editors or agents just enough that they’ll HAVE to see the rest of your novel
Although I haven’t put her system to the test yet, the step-by-step plan makes perfect sense. For the first time, I can imagine myself getting through the complexity of writing something as big as a novel.
The e-book set has only one minor drawback. It will be tough for you to know if you’re on track with the tasks you’re doing in the taskbook without getting feedback. Andrea, however, does have a coaching system that can help with that, and she provides information about it in the e-books.
The feedback problem aside, the e-books have enough top-notch information to make it well worth the investment. The bonus material, which include several writing books and books to help you improve your creativity, are mighty impressive.
At $47, the e-book set and its bonuses is a super deal. You’ll definitely get your money’s worth. The e-book has an open-ended guarantee so you don’t take any risk.
All in all, I highly recommend the Novel Writing Made Easy System to any who has ever thought about putting pen to paper and make beautiful music writing a novel. Read more...