A successful website for businesses is not necessarily one that received heaps and heaps of visitors but one that has a high conversion rate. It clearly speaks for itself – if you get 200 visitors a day and twenty percent convert to customers you will do nowhere near as well as a site that gets only 100 visitors a day but where 60 percent convert to customers. This is why the main focus is not always on attracting visitors to your website but more about how to captivate and keep visitors on your site and get them to take action.
This is why businesses need to think hard about the best way to convert visitors into customers. You can have all the visitors in the world clicking onto your website but if you cannot convert them into customers then there is little to no point in having them visit the site at all. There are a number of fundamental tactics that you can use to ameliorate conversions on your site and some of these include:
· Make sure that your content explains to the visitor how your business can help them rather than just harping on about how great your company is. You need to make the visitor feel as though you can do something or provide something that they need rather than just inviting them to see whether there is anything they like the look of on the site.
· Give them plenty of opportunities to take action. Whether the aim of your site is to get visitors to click through to another site, purchase something, sign up for something, or whatever else, you need to make sure that you give them plenty of opportunities to do this without them having to go to any undue hassle. Don't hide your call to action buttons – consumers can be very impatient and if they don't see a call to action they probably won't take any action!
· Don't compromise on quality with your website. Many people who go onto company landing pages will pretty much hit the back key right away if they do not think that the site looks good. Think of it like this – if you were looking around for a restaurant you wouldn't walk into one where you could see through the window that it was unkempt, looked dirty, and looked uninviting. Make sure that your site, particularly the landing page, has quality content, professional looking graphics, and is designed to match the needs of your target audience.
· Don't cause confusion for your visitors. If you over complicate your site and make it difficult for your visitors to discern and understand they will quickly get fed up and leave the site. Make your site easy and simple to navigate so that visitors can get to different and important areas of the site with speed and ease. You should be subtly guiding them to the germane areas of the site rather than making them work like the dickens to find them.
· Make your contact details easily accessible. Some companies make it extremely difficult to find pertinent contact details such as an email link or a phone number, which vexes visitors. If a visitor wants to contact you it means they are interested in what you have to offer. However, if you make them jump through hoops to contact you they will quickly lose interest and walk away. Click here to learn more...